To proceed to the practical module of Advanced SAMTRAC, the learner will have to submit the prescribed homework in written format, on the supplied hard copy template, when he/she registers for the practical module
- The learner will have to complete an online theory assessment
- The learner will have to pass the theory assessment with a minimum of 65% to proceed to the practical module
Preparation for the practical module
- It is essential that the learner familiarise himself/herself with relevant theory prior to attending the Advanced SAMTRAC practical module
- Be prepared to lead a classroom discussion or workshop about the ideas and issues covered in the pre-reading material
- The learner will require a laptop or large format tablet to use during the course and the minimum requirement is that it has MS Office,
- or a similar suite installed, as well as either Chrome or Firefox as a web browser. Internet Explorer is not compatible with the e-Tool at this stage
- Note that the practical assignment is due no later than 14 calendar days after the last day of the course.
Upon the completion of Advanced SAMTRAC, the learner will be able to apply the course methodologies and tools to implement an effective SHEQ management system on behalf of their organisation. The course will build on the existing knowledge the learner obtained during the SAMTRAC course. It will provide established HSE professionals with a combination of progressive HSE theory, as required to understand the practical application of complex HSE concepts, as well as a self-study assignment focusing on the application of the HSE methodology.
The Advanced SAMTRAC course covers the following five focus areas:
- Understanding the requirements for an integrated management system.
- Learners will become acquainted with the importance and implementation of international standards for an organisation/s governing quality. They will also be able to describe the importance of the international quality standard.
- Mapping the business processes in the integrated management system.
- Learners will understand the importance of and be able to explain the business processes in a quality management system (QMS). They will also be able to explain the interaction and integration of business processes with regard to QMSs.
- Improving the effectiveness and efficiency of an integrated management system.
- Learners within the integrated management system, will acquire the knowledge and skills to be proactive and to improve the QMSs in an organisation, by solving problems and dealing with challenges.
- Developing, implementing and evaluating an operational plan for an integrated management system. The learner will be capable of:
- developing an operational plan for a business unit
- implementing an operational plan,
- monitoring, measuring and evaluating the achievement of goals and objectives.
- Applying the principles of ethics to improve organisational HSE culture in the integrated management system.
- Learners will understand the importance of and be able to apply the principles of ethics to improve the organisational culture.
Duration: 16 - 17 Nov 2021
Prerequisites: SAMTRAC Public